Message from the Chair
Greetings from Pakistan!
The Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) has been playing a pivotal role in enhancing global capacity to prevent, detect and respond to public health threats. The 2023 which marks the final year of GHSA Phase-2 is a crucial period for achieving the targets set forth in GHSA Framework 2024.
We acknowledge the efforts of all the GHSA members, Action Package working groups, Task Forces, Secretariat Team, Steering Group, and the past GHSA Chairs to sustain health security by establishing effective leadership, technical knowledge sharing, and developing collaborations.
As the GHSA Steering Group Chair for 2023, Pakistan is working closely with all GHSA members to achieve the maximum progress during this final year of GHSA Phase-2, and to ensure a successful transition to GHSA Phase-3 (2024-2028). So far, multiple meetings have been conducted, including Steering Group meeting Secretariat calls, Support Group calls, Task Forces’ meetings, and bilateral calls with different members to start working on the following vital activities:
- Formation of Technical Working Group for GHSA Framework and Roadmap of 2028
- Closing of Phase-2 — Developing document outlining success and challenges
- Multi-sectoral collaboration through APs working groups
- Collection of success stories and knowledge-sharing initiatives
- Development and implementation of the GHSA short-term projects
- Ensuring greater accessibility to GHSA website and valuable sources of information GHSA membership enhancement
- GHSA membership of GSPN
- Strengthening and utilization of GHS Coordination Office with ROK
- GHSA Newsletter
GHSA will set out on its long journey, and we need to intensify our work during the Phase-3 to establish effective governance and collaborations, aligning with all global initiatives, and exploring as well as utilizing all possible opportunities to improve global health security at all levels.
To read more about recent GHSA happenings, please take a look at the May 2023 Monthly Newsletter below!